Sunday, February 11, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to "Establish. Execute. Evolve."

The title is in keeping with my company's philosophy, and, the content you'll find in this blog was inspired by Nick Barclay, a good friend of mine with whom I co-authored The Rational Guide to Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005. Nick, who has been blogging for a while now on the subject of Microsoft Business Intelligence, has been quite adamant that I get out and blog myself. After much elbowing I gave in, and, what follows intends to provide perspectives on performance management & business intelligence. Although the technical content will have a general Microsoft slant (especially where Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 is concerned), the key difference between this blog and the host of others from clever people in the Microsoft BI space like Nick, Ian Tien, Darren Gosbell, Chris Webb, Jamie Thompson and others is that the content will cover fairly high-level and sometimes abstract topics-- mostly architectural / educational / career / business-value "meta-stuff" (as Nick calls it). I will, nevertheless, actively raise your awareness of other BI bloggers news, findings and musings.

More about me: I've been working in the BI space for about 10 years, focused on designing and delivering solutions with Microsoft technology. In addition to the book and my company, I also participate in the Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP) for PerformancePoint Server 2007.

In any event, I hope you find this blog informative and helpful, if not insightful. As always, I look forward to any feedback you may have.

- Adrian Downes

No comments: